Monday 10 November 2014

Sunday Soup | Chunky Vegetable


Last week I made my first roast dinner, which was quite an achievement with a single two shelf oven. There was plenty of veg leftover so I decided to make a chunky vegetable soup. It was scrummy so I thought I'd share the recipe with you.


You will need:

  • 400g Carrots
  • 400g Parsnips
  • 400g Potatoes
  • 1 swede
  • 1 Small can of sweetcorn
  • Vegetable Stock 3-4 cubes
  • Salt and Pepper
  • A sprinkle of Paprika

Directions:

Cut the vegetables into cubes of around 1.5 cm. This may look like a lot of vegetables but you'll need the extra to make the puree. 


Warm 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large pan and add the swede. Saute on a medium heat for 5 minutes.


After 5 minutes, add the carrots, parsnip, potatoes and seasoning, and saute for a further 10 minutes.


Cover the vegetables with stock; I used 2 stock cubes per 1 pint of water and about 2 pints in total.
Reduce the heat and leave the vegetables to simmer for 30 minutes, stir regularly.
You will then need to transfer some of the vegetables to your food processor, I used about 4 ladles full, blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add stock for a thinner consistency.
Add the puree, sweetcorn and Paprika to the vegetables and stir. 
Leave to simmer gently for 15 minutes.
Serve.


This recipe should serve 4 comfortably. For a thicker soup puree more vegetables. 

I would love to hear any recipes you may have, it's definitely soup weather now.

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Yum Sarah!!! I ALWAYS want to use Paprika in my soup but I can NEVER find it in the cupboard. I just KNOW I have two jars of it but can I find them anywhere!??!! NO! x

    ReplyDelete