Friday 8 November 2013

Pomps Patch #1

I have exciting news... last weekend Rich and I got to choose our allotment!! After viewing a couple that were so horrendous we were seriously lucky to grab up this gem from a different site 30 seconds from Rich's house! It really is amazing, we have 3 eating apple trees, our very own shed and raised beds that are already done, complete with an asparagus patch!! 

This weekend we will be making a start on pulling up the weeds and turning the ground over, the photos make it look worse than it is but I can't wait to get stuck in. I have many plans for the shed, a lick of paint and some cosy little lanterns inside will be great. I'm also being given a car load of garden tools so I'm feeling very lucky right now! I'd like to start a regular feature about the allotment but I'm struggling for a witty name, if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them!!


Now I better go, the Ginn Gang are off to Birmingham to see Billy Joel, and go to Ikea to stock up on candles for winter!!

Sarah
xx

2 comments:

  1. that's so great Sarah!! good luck with the weeding. I can't think of anything witty right now other than "tales from the potting shed" which is neither funny nor witty but i'll keep thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Hooray Hooray! Can't wait to have an allotment buddy to geek out with!!

    ReplyDelete