Friday 26 April 2013

A lovely spring weekend

Well I think it's safe to say spring kicked in with a vengeance this weekend. The sun was shining, birds were singing, the blossom was booming, and I had my new bike. This weekend has been the best in a long time. On Saturday I was able to look after my little nephew Jack which I couldn't have been more excited about (I woke up stupidly early with excitement). When Erica dropped him off he was a bit weary of his surroundings, he hasn't spent much time with James or Rich lately so he clung on like a koala for a while, obviously I loved every second of our cuddle time, but it didn't take long for him to relax and start playing with his new toys until he was ready for his nap. Nap time meant taking him for a nice long walk along the quay while he slept in his buggy, I think it was enough to put James off the idea of kids for a while ha. We met up with Erica and went for a coffee until Jack woke up, then strolled over to the tip for a look in the recycle centre. You can get some serious bargains, we picked up a see saw, wheel barrow and truck for £5,  you can't go wrong at that price so I guess one mans trash really is another mans treasure.


When it was time for Erica and Jack to head home Rich and I picked up our bikes and went for a lovely ride to the Double Locks, it was the perfect weather for it and so nice cycling along with all the other cyclists, walkers, runners out soaking up the sunshine and spring smell in the air. I just hope we get a lot more weather like this because I think I'll be out every evening making the most of the gorgeous (flat) scenery on my doorstep. I don't think I'll ever tire of cycling past a heron fishing in the river or the people gardening in their allotments, it's all so lovely.

Meet Claudia, the new love in my life.
 

I hope you all had a great weekend and were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine.

Sarah
xx

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely weekend, Jack is so cute! Loving the new bike :) xx

    ReplyDelete