Monday 8 April 2013

3 Gigs, 3 Cities, 5 Days: No.1 Biffy Clyro

Here is a little story about how gig week began.. Rich and I are pretty big music fans and just before Christmas Biffy Clyro announced a UK tour. As they're one of my favourite bands I was straight on to Tickermaster booking our tickets, Rich could have his for his birthday in February as the gig wasn't until March, perfect! What made it even better was that the gig was in Cardiff, so we could meet up with some of my uni friends while we were there, talk about a brucey bonus! 

We headed up to Cardiff mid morning via a trip to Ikea, giving us plenty of time for a mooch around the shops and an amazing milkshake at Ed's Easy Diner before meeting my friends. It was great to catch up with them for a couple of hours over some good old TGI's food, I love that no matter how long it is between seeing each other it's like we've never been apart. Then we popped over the road to the venue and managed to catch the last few songs by City and Colour who were the support, annoyingly they came on earlier than usual so we missed most of their set. 
Biffy were amazing as always. I've seen them a couple of times now and it's fair to say they didn't disappoint. They sounded great, put on a great performance and had a pretty cool stage design. Rich took a couple of photos for me but we were so far back the quality isn't great on my little camera. Enjoy.. 

Juke box at Ed's Easy Diner
Biffy Clyro

I'll be back with part 2 soon.

Sarah
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment