Wednesday 24 October 2012

Day Trippin' #10 The Gaslight Anthem

Despite Rich constantly moaning about my taste in music and hating what come's on in my car, and asking 'who sings this?' everytime they came on, he finally started liking the Gaslight Anthem. When they announced that they were touring I really wanted to go but the closest gigs were Birmingham or London so I sort of dismissed it. But Rich being ever so lovely got us tickets as a surprise yipeeee.

We made a day of it and headed off to Birmingham early for a quick trip to Ikea for flat things and to leave plenty of time for a walk around the town centre. I can safely say I never want to go to the Bull Ring again. Yeah it's got lots of shops and whatnot but it was so busy I wanted to cry.

Anyway, on to the good stuff. The gig was AMAZING!! Brian Fallon's voice was just as good live as recorded and they were just so so good. If you haven't heard them before you should definitely check them out, 59 Sound is my personal favourite album but they're all pretty great.

 

Let me know what you think of them.

Sarah
xx


1 comment:

  1. You can't beat a good gig.... it's been over a year since I went to one, damn work :( x

    ReplyDelete